Well, here we are. Getting ready to return to the office and get back to “normal.” Excited?
Leaders, you have some work to do to ensure we all reintegrate in a positive way. Here are some tips to help you welcome back your team.
- Allow for opportunities to reconnect socially. Arrange some casual meeting times for the team to catch up with each other before diving into the work.
- Allow for differences in Covid tolerance levels. Some will be quite comfortable being in close contact without a mask, while others may be much more hesitant.
- Take the time to listen to concerns and don’t dismiss them. Ask what they need in order to feel safe and find ways to accommodate everyone’s comfort levels.
- Expect some friction. Take time to reestablish group norms and boundaries. Set up meeting participation guidelines and expectations for conduct.
- Check-in often both personally and organizationally. Be transparent about how the workplace moves forward post Covid restrictions and be as equitable as possible to ensure a smooth transition back to an in-person workplace.
And – as always – if you’re unsure you have the skills to facilitate a smooth reentry, or your organization has lost its leader, our team has the skills and resources to help. Contact us for a free consultation or read about our Workplace Services.